A little bit of mom, a little bit of dad makes me: An adoption match predicted by the stars?

As I stood put on the crooked deck outside my mother's room, smoking a late cigarette in an early August night so quiet that only bats & mice could be heard, I decided to check my horoscope, on an app I have on my phone. I got done looking at the one for my Capricorn sun sign, and decided I should check my ascendant sign; Gemini. In that horoscope, it mentioned that I would likely be pissed off by somebody I love,  but that I should try to be patient and compassionate with them, instead of being angry. That prediction isn't especially far fetched for me, as there are plenty of annoyances to a mainly cappy mind,  but it sounded much more like something that my mom would do than me, as I tend to let most things roll over me, whereas she tends to react angrily and stay in that state for several days with the person who offended her -- especially if that person is my dad, her husband of almost 50 years.

Thinking about this reading being more fitting for mom instead of me, immediately brought into my mind the fact that my mother's sun sign is Gemini. This of course excited the nerdy part of me that loves astrology, cause it couldn't hurt anything to keep an eye on both mom's scopes and the horoscopes of everyone else living here now -- especially with so many things I know I'm mitt being told and will likely have to continue to guess at for a long time.

My aunt is a Pisces, and so is my oldest son.  So it'd be easy enough to keep track of them together.  My youngest son is a Leo, and he's the only odd one out, with mio one else having any dominate Leo in their charts. That just leaves my partner,  whip I already keep tabs on, and my dad. My partner is a Cancer Aries Aries, which reminded me that my dad has his sun sign in Aries, and my own moon sign is in Aries. My first reaction to that was that it would be easy to keep track of all three of our scopes, but then my second reaction was that I had never really made the connection, or maybe it just never sunk in properly,  that in a way, I got much of who I am from my farther, which shows in my ascendant sign,  and I got a great deal from my mother, which shows in my moon sign.

At that thought, it dawned on me, just how synchronous it was that I should have such an obviously similar astrological make up to these two individuals who adopted me.
Yes, it does make sense that the parents who adopted me, were as much meant for me, as I was meant for them, but it never really crosses my mind just how much cosmic alignment might be involved in the process of growing your family through adoption. Though kisser in the most basic parts of our charts, it's very obvious that no matter who else might have stood in line to take me home, it wouldn't have mattered - the two wonderful people who got me, were always meant to be my parents, and I their daughter....


I'd love to hear from any of you,  whom might also be adopted.. have you found that you have a lot in common with your adoptive parents on an astrological level?


Comments